Submissions open for the 2nd Cherry Pop Film Festival
Cherry Pop Film Festival is an international short film competition that aims to explore sexuality, gender and relationships through the eyes of filmmakers from all over the world. We address sexuality in film as both a cultural phenomenon and a product and aim to show how norms and perspectives on sexuality vary across cultures.
We are calling for young filmmakers to submit their films and help us build a new platform for promoting dialogue about this private, but in the end — universal experience. Sexuality is just another form of human interaction, just like film, so don’t be shy and show us what you got!
Submissions for 2nd edition of the Cherry Pop Film Festival, to be held November 16-18, 2023 in Zagreb, Croatia, open on January 1, 2023. Submissions will be accepted for two programs:
Accepts submissions from around the world with short films no longer than 30 minutes dealing with the topic of sexuality.
Accepts submissions from students around the world with short films no longer than 30 minutes dealing with the topic of sexuality.
Festival program consists of above mentioned competition programs as well of special thematic program – Cherry Pick.
AWARDS & PRIZES
– Main Jury will award Sweet Cherry for the best film
– optional special mentions
– Student Jury will award Sour Cherry for the best student film
– optional special mentions
DATES & DEADLINES
- Opening Date for Submissions
- Early bird Submissions
- Regular Submissions Deadline
- Extended Submissions Deadline
- Notification Date
- Event Date
RULES & TERMS
• the deadline for registration is May 31, 2023
• Festival reserves the right to invite films outside the specified deadlines
• films must be no longer than 30 minutes with credits
• the Festival accepts live action and animated narrative and documentary films
• films must be submitted in DCP/MP4 format
• the following materials must be submitted: an online screener, a brief synopsis of the film in English, at least 3 photographs or stills from the film, the director’s photo and biography
• the Festival accepts films produced from January 1 2022 up until the end of submissions period
• films must include English subtitles, unless the film is in English language
• there is no limit on the number of films a filmmaker may submit
• the Festival does not pay screening fees
• the Festival does not offer refunds for submission fees
• only films which are selected shall receive an official acceptance letter
• it is the submitters responsibility to make sure the film can be downloaded for the use by the Cherry Pop Film Festival team and that the password remains valid until the end of the Festival
• for the purpose of promotion of films from the official program and Cherry Pop Film Festival itself, Festival may screen some of the award-winning/or other films after the Festival dates. In case a film is selected, the applicant will be contacted in order to discuss the screening conditions
• during the Festival, the film can be viewed by accredited media representatives. Festival is entitled to use the submitted screeners for this purpose
• by filing the submission form the applicant guarantees the accuracy of the submitted data
• submitters give the Festival the right to use the movie material for the promotional purposes
• by submitting a film, the applicant accepts that the film can be selected for any of the competitions or for another program section
• Cherry Pop Film Festival shall not be held responsible for any unauthorized inclusion of any content in the film that might be the basis for third parties` claims
• the applicant obliges not to withdraw the film from Cherry Pop Film Festival after announcement of the official program. In case the film is withdrawn, Festival reserves the right to claim damages
• Festival is not obligated to give feedback and comment on the selection process
• Festival reserves the right to write its own texts for the festival catalogue, programs, flyers and other promotional materials.
The above rules apply for both programs.